Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Time: Yield: 4
A delicious risotto is always amazing, but when you combine it with fresh truffles, lots of cheese, and thick, meaty scallops, it becomes a delicious masterpiece. This Truffle Scallop Risotto recipe should be a must for every cook!
Truffle Risotto With Sauteed Scallops Recipe
- 2 cup of Arborio rice
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ½ cup grated truffle cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 tbsp. truffle butter
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy creamTruffle oil
- Truffle salt and grated fresh black truffle to garnish20 scallops
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Melt butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add onions and saute for about 2-3 minutes until they get a little soft.
- Add the Arborio rice and mix with the onions, cooking for 1-2 minutes.Add all the chicken stock and heavy cream and mix. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until it starts thickening.
- Turn off the fire and stir in the butter and grated cheese. Add the truffle oil and stir.
- When the risotto is almost done, add the Parmigiano cheese and the fresh truffle.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place the scallops with 1 inch of space in between. Saute for 1-2 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes, until sides are opaque and scallops are browned on each side.
- Plate the risotto, drizzle with truffle oil, add 4 or 5 scallops on top and a few slices of fresh black truffle.