These cute tissue box monsters are a great way to recycle an old tissue paper box! Kids will love designing their own monster. And we love that every tissue box monster can be unique!
This craft is from our new book –Fun and Easy Crafting with Recycled Materials. If you’re looking for a fun Halloween craft, monster craft or just an easy recycling craft for kids – you have to try to make these tissue box monsters! Kids can paint them and easily glue on the googly eyes, teeth and pom poms.
Here are the Supplies You’ll Need to Make These Tissue Box Monsters
– Tissue Box – preferably one with a round opening so that it looks more like a mouth but a square opening could work too!
– Colored acrylic paint – we used two different colors, one for the outside of the box and one for the inside
– White acrylic paint
– Googly eyes – extra large ones can be found at Michaels, different sizes work best and small ones are needed for the purple box.
– White cardstock
– Large pom poms
– Black sharpie or marker
– 1 popsicle sticks (optional for the purple monster)
– Craft knife (optional – adults only)
– Glue – hot glue is always going to work best when working with large googly eyes and pom poms, but you can also use an extra-strong glue like this one. Just make sure to let it thoroughly dry and press and hold for the glue to take.
And don’t forget to check out our NEW book which has this craft in it! Fun and Easy Crafting with Recycled Materials is bursting with easy cardboard crafts for kids like this one. But not only that, it is all recycled crafts for kids too – paper rolls, egg cartons, cardboard, popsicle sticks, jars and more!