Looking for an easy Easter bunny craft? Make these adorable sock bunnies with materials you probably already have at home!
Do you have a bunch of unmatched socks and don’t know what to do with them? You can use them to make this cute Easter bunny craft in 5 minutes! Absolutely NO sewing involved! It’s an easy Easter craft for kids and teens. They also make fun easter crafts for adults and the elderly too.
There are so many things you can do with these cuties.
We ended up using them to make a DIY Easter vignette on our dining table for our Easter home decor. But you can also give them as gifts, they make a great Easter craft to sell at craft fairs, fundraiser crafts, classroom crafts for teachers, and more…
In this tutorial I will show you how to make this easter bunny craft with a simple sock, rubber band, some rice and a marker.
If you’r looking for Easter craft ideas, add this bunny sock craft to your list. You’ll love these adorable little bunnies so much, they might just end up multiplying around your house!
Looking for more bunny inspired ideas? Check out my Bunny Bum Candy Cake (makes a great dessert for Easter, or any bunny inspired party)
Now back to the tutorial. Let’s “hop” to it!
Easter sock bunny tutorial
Materials needed for this Easter bunny craft
- Unmatched socks
- Uncooked rice (around 1 cup per bunny)
- Rubber bands
- Black Sharpie Marker (or any black marker)
- Pretty Ribbon (Optional)
Instructions for the no sew sock bunny
Step 1. Take the sock and place it over a tall glass so its easier to pour the rice into.
Step 2 Poor the rice into the sock. I used a measuring pyrex cup to make it easier to pour, but you can use anything.
Step 3: Take the rubber band and tie the top close
Step 5: Use another rubber band and make the bunny tail.
Step 6: To make the ears, cut any excess sock so that there is a couple of inches for the ears. If you want floppy ears that flop down,then leave them a bit longer.
Once the excess is gone, cut the top portion down the middle.
Using a marker, draw on a bunny ear shape. Take your scissors and cut along the marker line. Once done, your bunny ears should stand up straight (or flop down if you want floppy ears)
Step 7: Use the Sharpie to draw the bunny eyes and nose. To make the eyes, simply color in two dots with the marker
To make the nose, draw an “x” shape. Super Easy!
Step 8: This part is optional but it really adds a nice decorative touch to your bunny craft. Cut a long enough piece of ribbon and tie a bow around the bunnies neck. I used both fabric and plastic ribbon. They both worked well, but I like the look of the fabric ribbon a bite more. You can also use bakers twine, instead of ribbon if you have some lying around.
Your done this bunny easter craft project!
Some extra tips for this bunny easter craft DIY
- To make smaller or bigger bunnies adjust the amount of rice used.
- Use bakers twine instead of the ribbon to make a bow tie around the bunny’s neck
- To make sock bunny’s out of black socks, use a white fabric paint or white glue ( that doesn’t dry clear)
- Make different types of bunnies. Some with floppy ears that don’t stick up, some with shorter ears, some with longer ears that stick up.
- Use different colors of socks or even patterned socks.
- Use kids or baby socks to make small bunnies
- To make these bunny easter craft to sell, use new socks.
- Glue on googly eyes for the eyes and a small pom pom for nose, with pipe cleaner whiskers.
- Use them as bunny decor for Easter in your home or in an Easter vignette
- Great idea for Easter craft activities for elderly
- Easy Easter Craft fair ideas – if your looking for an Easter craft to sell or for a fundraiser idea
- Fun Easter craft for adults, craft parties, gatherings, family events, etc..
And there you have it, a super easy Easter bunny craft that you make in 5 minutes or less! Hope you have a hoppy time making them!
We loved our DIY Easter bunny craft so much, they multiplied (and my stash of unmatched socks got a wee bit smaller to boot!). Check out our other bunnies!