There’s definitely something to be said about “shrimp on the barbie”, it’s one of our family favorites for our Sunday night barbecues. I love shrimp, but whether raw or cooked I hate peeling them. It’s a messy stinky job! That’s why the easy peel shrimp that I’ve been finding in my grocer’s freezer are terrific.
Here’s the recipe for the best, and easiest shrimp kebobs ever!
2 lbs. Jumbo shrimp
1+ cup Italian Dressing
1. Clean, shell, and de-vein shrimp – leave tails on
2. Place shrimp in small bowl or ziplock bag
3. Pour dressing over shrimp, make sure it covers shrimp – add more if needed
4. Place in refrigerator and marinate at least 1 hour. You can marinate shrimp overnight if possible. Stir occasionally to make sure all the shrimp gets marinated
5. Place shrimp on skewers. Discard marinade.
6. Grill shrimp until they turn pink. You can baste with more dressing if desired, but use fresh dressing not the marinade. Do not over cook shrimp, they will become dry and hard. Serve right away.