This Shrimp Scampi Cheese Dip made it’s debut on our Thanksgiving Menu last year, the family loved it so much it’s now one of our faves. We make it all the time for our Sunday night barbecues and even when we entertain. Our guests love it just as much as we do!
It’s really simple to make and so yummy! We used crostini for dipping, we like the crunch, but you can use fresh baguettes or whatever you like. I’d avoid salted crackers though, the butter and cheeses have enough salt and dipping salted crackers may get too salty.
If you’re looking for something different to add to your holiday meal this Scampi Dip fits the spot.
But do keep extra ingredients on hand, you may have to make a second bowl when you have company!
8 oz. medium shrimp – peeled and roughly chopped
4 tbls. salted butter
1 tbls. minced garlic
1/2 cup white wine (if you prefer non-alcoholic you can substitute chicken broth for the wine)
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
4 oz. cream cheese softened
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup grated fresh parmasean cheese
1 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1. Melt butter in pan.
2. Saute garlic in butter until it turns slightly brown.
3. Add shrimp and saute until shrimp starts to turn pink.
4. Add wine. Stir well and continue cooking until shrimp is cooked.
5. Remove from heat and squeeze on lemon juice. Stir.
6. Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, parmasean, and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Reserve the 1/2 mozzarella for topping. Mix very well.
7. Pour into oven safe baking dish – you will be serving it in this dish. I ran out of pretty oven safe dishes so I ended up using an aluminum pie tin.
8. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top.
9. Bake in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese melts and starts turning brown.
10. Serve warm with dipping bread or chips.