Prep: 25 min. + standing Cook: 15 min.
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup julienned carrot
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 4 naan flatbreads, warmed
- 1/4 cup zesty bell pepper relish
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large bowl combine the first 5 ingredients; whisk until sugar is dissolved. Add radishes, carrot and red pepper; let stand until serving. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook and stir sausage over medium-high heat until browned, 6-8 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Reduce heat to low. In the same pan, cook eggs until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken, turning once if desired. Keep warm.
- Drain vegetable mixture. Spread naan with relish. Top with sausage, eggs, pickled vegetables, cucumber, red onion and cilantro.
Editor’s Note This recipe was tested with Mezzetta brand bell pepper relish.
1 open-faced sandwich: 459 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 229mg cholesterol, 1370mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.