This chicken recipe is a family favorite. I got the recipe from a dear friend and have been making it for years. The original recipe is really easy, you put all the ingredients in a baking pan and bake until the chicken is done; it uses bone in chicken thighs. The other day I found frozen chicken breast tenderloins on sale at my neighborhood market and decided to use it instead of chicken thighs. I didn’t want to bake it because I’ve found that baking the tenderloins dries them up and they end up hard and chewy, kind of like jerky.
I sauteed them and tweaked the recipe a bit. I ended up with a delicious new dish! The sauce is so creamy and the chicken tender. I served it with steamed rice, but it can be served with egg noodles or potatoes. My husband loves it! It’s very easy to make and I’m sure I’ll be making it again soon. Here’s the recipe, I hope your family loves it too!
10 pieces Chicken Breast Tenderloins – thawed
2 tbls. Olive Oil
1 tbls. butter
1 tbls. minced garlic
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tsp. paprika
1 can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup Chicken Broth
1 cup sour cream
1. Heat Olive Oil in a deep sautee pan. Add butter and let it melt.
2. Sautee garlic until it starts to turn golden brown. Add chicken.
3. Cook both sides of chicken until it’s browned. Season with paprika.
4. Add sliced mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are tender and browned.
5. Add Cream of Mushroom and chicken broth. Stir well.
6. Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked thru.
7. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
8. Sprinkle with more paprika if desired and serve.