This is such a delicious and decadent tasting food formula for christmas. you’ll simply use chicken instead. Besides the turkey, it’s loaded with veggies, potatoes and butternut squash. every skinny serving has 266 calories, six grams of fat and seven Weight Watchers race SmartPoints Your family can love, love, love this fabulous Turkey Pot Pie.It freezes nice too!
Try this Guilt-free Turkey Pot Pie recipe.
3½ cups Swanson’s reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
2 cups butternut squash or sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (½ inch cubes)
1½ cups potatoes, peeled and cubed (½ inch cubes)
1½ cups onions, chopped
1½ cup carrots, peeled and chopped
1½ cups celery, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
3 cups turkey breast or chicken, cooked and diced, see shopping tips
¾ cup frozen peas (un-defrosted)
½ cup reduced-fat milk
⅓ cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried sage
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 pkg. Pillsbury Golden Layer Flaky Biscuits (100 calories for each biscuit), see shopping tips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large pan, add 2¾ cups chicken broth, butternut squash, potatoes, onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8 minutes, until soft. Add diced turkey and frozen peas, breaking them up. Bring back to a boil, turn heat to simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Place a colander into a large bowl. Pour turkey, vegetables and broth into the colander. Add the strained broth back to the pan. Set aside the bowl of turkey and vegetables.
3. In separate small bowl, add flour. Gradually add milk to flour, stirring with a whisk, until well blended.
4. Increase heat to the pan of broth to medium and stir in remaining broth. Using a whisk or fork, stir in milk and flour mixture. Cook for 5 minutes or until thicken. Stir often.
5. Add back the turkey and vegetables. Mix in thyme, sage and black pepper. Mix well. Pour turkey stew into the 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and remove foil.
6. Open the package of biscuits, separate them and place on top of turkey stew. Line them evenly over the top.
7. Place the pot pie back in the oven and bake, uncovered, for 14-16 more minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.
8. To serve, spoon about 1 cup into each bowl and top with 1 biscuit. You’ll have 2 extra biscuits!
Serves 8 (each serving ⅛ of recipe, 1 biscuit and about 1 cup turkey stew)