Buko Pie Recipe!!!
Cakes & Pies
For the Crust
All Purpose Flour
margarine or butter
cut into thin slices
For the filling
grated (young coconut meat)
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Prepare an 8-inch pie plate.
– In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch then add evaporated milk and buco water. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
– Add vanilla and grated buco meat. Cook for another 5 minutes and set aside to cool.
– In a bowl combine flour, sugar and salt.
– Cut in the butter and shortening until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
– Add a tbsp. of water one at a time. Mix with a fork until the dough is smooth and does not stick to the sides of the bowl.
– Form into two balls, one of which should be bigger than the other.
– Roll out the bigger dough to form a 9-inch circle that is about 1/4-inch thick. Fit this dough into the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Fill up with the buco mixture filling then set aside.
Roll out the smaller dough into a circle, big enough to cover the top of the pie. To seal the sides of the pie, pinch the top and bottom crusts together.
Using a fork or knife, prick holes on the top crust so that steam can escape while baking.
Brush the top crust with eggwash. (beat egg to make egg wash)
Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
Allow to cool before slicing.
"Local" Food You Must Try When on Oahu
20 Easy Peanut & Peanut Butter Recipes
Tips for Train Travel in Italy
FATHER’S DAY GIFTS IDEAS
All You Need to Know About Pets Improving Your Health
Things To Do In and Around Bangkok