I’ve always wondered why my homemade omelettes never turned out like the omelettes I order from restaurants like Ihop or Denny’s. No matter what I did they never turned out as thick and fluffy.
Well, I found the answer to that thanks to one of my daughter aquaintance who happens to work at one of the these breakfast places. The secret is pancake mix! I just had to figure out how much to add.
One of our favorite omelette fillings is cheese and mushrooms. Here’s the recipe I came up with. For the mushroom filling I used the recipe for my Easy Sauteed Mushrooms.
Best Garlic Mushroom Omelette
2 tbls. instant pancake mix
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 tbls. butter
2. Beat 3 eggs.
3. Add instant pancake mix. Beat well, making sure there are no lumps.
4. Melt butter in pan. Pour egg mixture in pan.
5. Cook over medium low heat until the egg solidifies. Gently scrape the edges of the pan and move cooked eggs towards center. Tilt pan to fill in the gaps where you scraped eggs off. Do this until the egg is set and no longer liquidy.
6. Sprinkle cheese over entire egg mixture.
7. Sprinkle mushrooms over half of the mixture.
8. Fold half without mushrooms over the half with mushrooms.
9. Cook another minute. Serve immediately.