We’re taking apart our red, white, and blue decor and craft supplies as the summer holidays approach. We love our paper plate Easter wreath and decided to make a patriotic star wreath for summer. This star wreath is perfect for Memorial Day and Independence Day.
First, we pulled out one of our favorite craft supplies, paper plates. We pick these from the dollar tree and use them in many of our crafts.
- Paper plate
- Red paper
- Blue paper
- Red, White, & Blue Ribbon
- Star Craft Papr Punch 3-Inch
Note: You could also use a star cookie cutter as a template for the stars.
1. Cut center from paper plate. Most paper plate have line you can cut along.
2. Using paper punch cut out stars from red and blue paper.
3. Glue stars to the paper plate alternating red and blue. If you are doing a craft with a preschooler, you could talk about creating a pattern by alternating the two colors. (By understanding patterns, children are able to make predictions about what should come next.)
4. After the kids finish gluing their stars, attach a piece of ribbon to the back of the paper to hang the patriotic wreath.
5. Make a bow from the ribbon and attach to the top of the wreath. (Our bow is made using 3 different ribbons.)