This Easy No Bake Cookies and Cream Oreo Icebox Cake is the perfect creamy no bake summer dessert! Only 4 ingredients required!
I don’t know about you, but no-bake desserts are a life-saver for me in the summertime! We host lots of get-togethers, barbecues, and times with friends that always require a dessert, and living in Europe means no air conditioning – which also means I turn on my oven as little as possible for the months of June, July, August and September! This Easy No Bake Cookies and Cream Oreo Icebox cake is my latest favourite no-bake recipe that I just HAVE to share with you!
I’ve shared many of my favourite no-bake icebox cake recipes with you in the past, like this No Bake Chocolate Mocha Tiramisu Icebox Cake, this No Bake Monster Cookie Icebox Cake, or even this No Bake Black Forest Icebox Cake. This No Bake Cookies and Cream Oreo Ice Box Cake is another delicious icebox cake that’s made with only 4 ingredients!!
HOW TO MAKE AN ICEBOX CAKE
Here are my BEST TIPS for making the perfect icebox cake every time:
- Use real whipped cream! Using real whipping cream instead of whipped topping (like Dream Whip or Cool Whip) creates a really creamy texture and more importantly, it contains less water than conventional whipped toppings. This means it’s less likely to separate as the cake chills in the fridge and keeps a consistent texture.
- Add some cream cheese! Full fat cream cheese adds stability to your icebox, helping it slice cleanly and stay together. It also adds delicious flavour, and makes the filling ultra creamy.
- Let it chill! Be sure to let your icebox cake chill in the fridge for at least 12 hours. I like letting mine chill for about 18 hours in the fridge, for best results!
INGREDIENTS FOR NO-BAKE ICEBOX CAKE
To make this Easy No Bake Cookies and Cream Oreo Icebox Cake, you’ll need only 4 ingredients:
- whipping cream
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- Oreo cookies
I hope you love this Easy No Bake Cookies and Cream Oreo Icebox Cake as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite no bake dessert to make for summer? I’d love to know!
9×13 Glass Baking Dish
- 220 grams full fat cream cheese 8 ounces, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar sifted to remove lumps
- 1 liter heavy whipping cream approximately 4 cups
- 72 Oreo Cookies
Add the room-temperature cream cheese to a large bowl and whip on medium speed until creamy and smooth.
Add the powdered sugar and continue to whip until incorporated.
Add the whipping cream in a steady stream while the mixer is running on medium speed and continue mixing on medium speed until the whipping cream mixes smoothly with the cream cheese mixture.
Turn the mixer to high speed and let the mixture whip until it thickens and reaches the hard-peaks stage.
Crumble 24 of the Oreo cookies and set them aside in a bowl.
Add 24 Oreo cookies to the bottom of a 9-inch by 13-inch pyrex or glass pan.
Add 1/2 the cream mixture on top of the Oreo cookies and smooth it out as best you can to create an even layer.
Add another 24 Oreo cookies on top of the cream layer, adding a few of the crumbled Oreo cookies in between the whole ones.
Add the other half of the cream mixture, smoothing it out as evenly as possible to the edges of the pan.
Add the rest of the crumbled Oreo cookies on top of the cream layer, spreading out the crumbled cookies over the whole cream layer (to the edges).
Cover (optional) with a lid or tin foil (NOT plastic wrap, as this can cause condensation) and store in the fridge for 12 to 18 hours.
After sufficient refrigeration, slice and serve.