In my effort to change our eating habits to something a bit healthier than meat and potatoes I make a meatless meal at least once a week. One of my favorites is this Zucchini Stir Fry.
It’s amazing how filling and tasty a simple meal of healthy veggies can be. This week I made this dinner of zucchini, spinach, and tomatoes. It was delicious, my husband loved it. You can serve it with a piece of whole grain bread if you wish; the bread is great for dipping in the juices.
You can also serve this dish as an appetizer or side dish. It’s so good! It goes great with barbecued and roasted meats.
1 large organic zucchini, cut into 2″- 3″ strips
1 cup fresh organic spinach
1/2 cup organic cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tbls. organic coconut oil
1 tbls. minced garlic
1 tsp. cayenne red pepper
Sea Salt to taste
1. Heat oil over medium heat
2. Add garlic, sauté until it turns golden, stir constantly
3. Add zucchini, cook until it starts to soften about 5-6 minutes, stir constantly
4. Add tomatoes, cook until juices start to come out, stir constantly
5. Add spinach, cook until leaves wilt and turn bright green, stir contantly
6. Add pepper and salt
Serve while warm.