We’re always looking for new treats for Cannoli, our Siberian Husky. She loves treats and most of the time the only way she’ll obey commands is when she knows there’s a treat in store for her.
We go thru plenty of treats! Store bought treats can not only get pricey some of them aren’t very healthy for your pet. We usually make our own doggie treats, it’s not only economical it’s healthier for her too.
Last week my 13 year old grandson, Dion, made these crunchy chicken & carrot biscuits for her. It was so easy to make, it uses only four ingredients, and he really enjoyed cutting out the bone shaped biscuits. Here’s Dion’s recipe!
1 1/2 cup organic flour
1/2 cup organic rolled oats
1 jar organic strained carrot baby food
1 jar chicken baby food
1. Mix all ingredients in large bowl and knead until you have a firm dough ball. You may have to add flour a little bit at a time until you reach the right consistency.
2. Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/2″ thick.
3. Cut dough into any shape with a cookie cutter or into squares using a pizza cutter.
4. Place dough on parchment covered baking sheet.
5. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
6. Let cool and store in airtight containers to keep them crunchy.