Summer’s almost here, that means lots of fresh strawberries. I love strawberries!
In preparation for those long hot summer nights I whipped up a light dessert, my twist on Strawberries N’ Cream. It’s super easy to make, it uses just 3 ingredients, and there’s no whipping involved! It’s so yummy I found myself scrapping the bowl with extra strawberries!
This Strawberry Lemon Parfait is light and airy making it the perfect ending to a summer barbecue. It’s so easy to stir up, it takes less than 10 minutes. It can be dressed up to serve when company comes for dinner.
I portioned it in 4 large tumblers, but you can use smaller bowls, wine glasses, plastic cups, or whatever you like to get more servings. In fact you may not want to portion it out at all, you can just dip berries in the bowl you mix it in.
Strawberry Lemon Parfait
1 Large tub of Cool Whip (16 oz.)
1 Box Instant Lemon Pudding – it’s important you use the instant pudding, not the one you need to cook on the stove top
Strawberries – washed, cored, and sliced (reserve smaller whole berries for garnish if desired)
Fresh Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
1. Scoop Cool Whip into a large mixing bowl.
2. Gently fold in instant pudding. Continue to gently combine pudding and Cool Whip using a gentle folding motion until the pudding is evenly combine with the Cool Whip. The mixture will turn a very light yellow. Don’t stir vigorously the cool whip might start to liquefy. Make sure there are no clumps of powder in the mixture, if you see clumps gently break them up and fold into the Cool Whip.
3. Spoon mixture into the cups or glasses, filling each one about halfway.
4. Arrange sliced strawberries on top of Cool Whip mixture.
5. Spoon remaining Cool Whip mixture over the berries to fill up each cup.
6. Garnish with berries and mint leaves if desires.
7. Keep chilled until ready to serve.