I recently made this yummy garlic bread to go with a Meatball n’ Mac Casserole. It took a little bit of time but it was well worth it! My family loved it! Made with butter, garlic, and 2 kinds of cheese, what’s not to love?
You can also serve this bread as an appetizer, the cube just pull apart with gooey melted cheese, yum!
1 large loaf or 2 small loaves of french bread
1/2 stick of butter
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
1 tbls. minced fresh parsley
1 cup shredded colby/jack or mozzarella cheese
1. Make diagonal slices along the length of the loaf – slice thru to the bottom of the bread, but do not cut thru the bottom.
2. Make diagonal slices going the other way – forming a crisscross design.
3. Melt butter and add garlic, parmesan, and parsley to it. Stir well.
4. Gently pull the bread to expose the inside and brush with butter mixture. Do this for the whole loaf. Reserve some butter for later.
5. Sprinkle shredded cheese in between the cuts.
6. Brush remaining butter over entire loaf.
7. Wrap in foil. Bake in 385 degree oven for 18 minutes.
8. Unwrap and bake for another 8 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
The holiday season is upon us. At my house that means cooking, baking, cleaning, shopping, and all the other chores to get ready for holiday entertaining. Things can get pretty hectic, at times I don’t have a lot of time to cook dinner! To make holiday preparations a bit easier I keep several ready made meal items in my freezer, things that can be heated up or tossed together quickly.
One of my favorite things are homemade meatballs. I like meatballs because I can use them to quickly prepare several different meals including Swedish meatballs, Meatball Soup, and of course Spaghetti and Meatballs.
Another family favorite are Meatball Subs. They’re so easy to make and are very filling. I serve this with a tossed salad and a side of chips, so simple! You can of course use frozen meatballs available from any grocery store, I’m not a big fan and like to make my own to freeze. Here’s my recipe for Homemade Meatballs.
Here’s how to make it, enjoy!
1 large loaf French Bread – Cut to the size you want then halved lengthwise to get 2 pieces
12 Cooked meatballs
1 Jar Pasta Sauce
3/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1. Place frozen meatballs in a heavy saucepan (or you can make them ahead and place them in a crockpot on low for about 4 hours).
2. Cover meatballs with pasta sauce. Simmer on low for about 1 hour or if you need it faster increase the heat and heat until the sauce is bubbling and meat is heated thru.
3. Butter bread and toast in a frying pan until browned.
4. Scoop meatball mixture on one side of the bread and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Sprinkle other side with cheese. Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese melts, about 8 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, place second slice of bread on top to make a sandwich and serve.
It makes a hearty meal with a green salad and if you want some chips.