My grandsons love spaghetti. They will eat it every day if they could.
I’m sure everyone has their own favorite spaghetti recipe using different types of meats and sauces. In our family we enjoy spaghetti with meat balls, meat sauce, or as a casserole.
The casserole version is very easy to prepare, it uses sauce from a jar. It can be made ahead of time and frozen, just pop it in the oven whenever you want to serve it.
I’ve been making Spaghetti Casserole for years. It’s not as “saucy” as regular spaghetti with meat sauce, but it’s still yummy! I add a bottle of Chili Sauce to give it a unique taste, the only problem I’ve had is the bottle of Chili Sauce looks so much like Cocktail Sauce which is usually placed on the same shelf next to it. Many a time I’ve come home with a bottle of Cocktail Sauce instead, meaning an extra run to the market for the right sauce and some shrimp!
Here’s the recipe. Served with a small salad it makes a great dinner when you’re pressed for time.
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. spaghetti
1 bottle Pasta Sauce
1 bottle Chili Sauce
1 tbl. minced garlic
1 tbl. cooking oil
6 slices American cheese
1. Prepare spaghetti as directed on package. Drain hot water and replace with cold water to keep pasta from sticking together. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large deep frying pan. Add garlic and sautee until it turns golden brown.
3. Add ground beef. Cook until meat is browned and crumbly. Drain oil.
4. Add pasta and chili sauce. Stir well and simmer until sauce starts to bubble.
5. Remove sauce from heat and stir in drained pasta.
6. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray and pour pasta mixture into the pan.
7. Arrange cheese slices over all.
8. Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese melts.
9. Serve warm and enjoy!