Servings: 2 Preparation: 10min Cooking: 10min
One great way to serve asparagus is by wrapping them in pork loin. Many recipes use pork belly or beef, but by using savory pork loin that has low fat, you can still get a delicious taste while not overpowering the flavors of the asparagus. Adding our YAMASA Soy Sauce to this dish creates a wonderful burst of umami that will instantly make you come back for seconds!
- 4 slices (approx. 100g) of thinly sliced Pork loin (or Bacon)
- 4 asparagus spears
- A (Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of REGULAR SOY SAUCE (Alternative Organic Tamari, Less Salt soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of “Sake” (rice cooking wine or white wine)
- 1 teaspoon of Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vegetable oil
- Trim asparagus. To separate the hard unwanted stem from the tender stem, grab several spears at once, grasping the stems in one hand and the bottoms in the other then snap.
- Spread a slice of pork, and roll a spear of asparagus diagonally, slightly exposing the top and the bottom of the asparagus. Make 4 rolls.
- Pour vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook STEP 2.
- Turn the rolls over as you need until browned. Coat the Wrapped Asparagus with “A (Sauce)” and coat the rolls while cooking in pan. Slowly lower the heat after adding the “A (Sauce)”. Cut the rolls into easy-to-eat size, and serve.