Are you planning to take a trip to the USA soon? Aside from enjoying the many tourist spots and great food in the country, the USA is also a great place to party! However, you need to make sure that you are safe wherever you go. Here are some tips on how you can party safe in the USA.
1. Choose a good location – The right location is something you should plan for. There are many establishments that you can choose from, especially if you are in the urbanized cities. Aside from making sure that the place has a low crime rate, you should also make sure that the establishment itself is safe. There should be enough fire exits if ever you need to use it. When it gets too crowded in the club, see if you can move to a location that will not make you feel too claustrophobic.
2. Stick to your limit when it comes to alcohol – It would be unfortunate to wake up the next morning after a night party without any recollection of the events that transpired the night before. To prevent this from happening, do not drink a lot of alcohol. Stick to your limit and even if you are pressured, you need to be firm in refusing.
3. Don’t let others top up your drink for you – One of the worst things that can happen at a party is that you become a victim of sexual assault. Many people fall victim to date-rape drugs. You need to be vigilant about this especially if you are not with your friends at a party. The easiest way to be a victim of date-rape drugs is when someone slips it into your drink. To be safe, never let anyone get a drink for you. You need to be the one to get it from the bar or pour it yourself.
4. Be with a group you trust – If you are traveling with a group of friends, you should stick with them so that you can look out after each other. This will not be a problem if you really traveled to the USA with a group of friends. Always make sure you know the whereabouts of everyone in your group, and have a plan if ever you decide to go to separate locations. But if you are traveling solo, you will need to take precautions. Have your phone with you at all times, bring a whistle or even pepper spray.
5. Choose safe transportation – This part also falls under preplanning. You need to make sure that you have transportation not just in going to the club or party location, but also when you leave. If you rent a car, make sure that you are sober and can drive the vehicle. You may also schedule a cab or car service to pick you up if you already want to leave or go to another place. Some also opt to go for party bus rental as it is not only safer but actually more fun.