A whole new way to burger.
So for all you carb avoiders, I’ve come up with a whole new way to enjoy burgers without the bun. Instead, you serve all the toppings in – the burger itself! These Fully Loaded Burger Bowls are burgers, filled with your favorite topping! It a whole new way to burger!
Summertime, as we all know, is burger time. There’s nothing quite like a nice, juicy burger, hot off the grill, with all your favorite fixings – bacon, cheese, and some nice fried mushrooms.
Of course, a traditional burger also comes with one other thing: the bun. And for anyone who’s trying to steer clear of carbs, that kind of ruins the whole meal.
So for all you carb-avoiders, I’ve come up with a whole new way to enjoy burgers without the bun. Instead, you serve all the toppings in – the burger itself!
Instead of forming the beef into patties, you shape it into a little bowl and load it up with cheese, mushrooms, and bacon. Then put those filled bowls on a baking pan and bake them under a foil tent for half an hour, so all the juices from the meat blend together with those tasty toppings. You can top these with barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, diced chives, or all three.
Here’s another plus: you don’t need to wait for nice weather so you can fire up the grill. These Fully Loaded Burger Bowls are good rain or shine!
1. Mix together beef, seasoned salt, garlic powder, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
2. On a baking sheet lined with foil, form 4 meat bowls using a clean jar or can. Set aside
3. In a medium pan, saute mushrooms with butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide into 4 equal potions.
4. Fill each meat bowls with 1/4 cup of cheese, mushrooms, 2 slices worth of diced bacon, and then top with 1/4 cup of cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F covered with a foil tent (foil loosely coving) covering for 30 mins. Before serving, top with diced bacon, bbq sauce, ranch and diced chives.
Fully Loaded Burger Bowls
- 2 lb extra lean beef
- 2.5 tsp Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper, Ground
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tb butter
- 2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cup cheddar cheese. shredded, divided
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- diced chives, bacon bbq sauce, ranch for topping
Calories: 690kcal (35%)Carbohydrates: 4g (1%)Protein: 71g (142%)Fat: 49g (75%)Saturated Fat: 28g (140%)Cholesterol: 230mg (77%)Sodium: 2391mg (100%)Potassium: 1146mg (33%)Sugar: 1g (1%)Vitamin A: 940IU (19%)Vitamin C: 1.6mg (2%)Calcium: 439mg (44%)Iron: 6.5mg (36%)