Black felt, pine cones, and squishy eyes are all a small group of creepy and cute pine cone bats that kids need to get started! Kids of all ages will love these easy and natural crafts that are perfect for fall.
Aside from penguins, bats are my kids’ favorite animal. Last summer he was so excited to see them “free in the wild” (sometimes he said it as if he was Clutter’s third brother) foraging in the fields at dusk. This craft inspired him!
To make this craft you will need:
- Stiffened black felt
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue and hot glue gun
- Cut a set of bat wings from the stiffened black felt.
- Slide the wings into the pinecone, then secure with hot glue.
- Snip a couple of bat ears out of the felt scraps. Slide them into the pinecone, then secure with hot glue.
- Attach the googly eyes to the pinecone with a dab of hot glue.
- If desired, snip two little fangs out of white card stock (I just used junk mail!) and attach them with a tiny dot of hot glue.
Wouldn’t it be fun to experiment with using twine or fishing line to hang the bats from windows, wreaths, or trees?