Because this sauce is so potent, make sure you have some crusty bread on hand. This is by far the best chicken breast recipe available. The sauce is flavorful despite its simplicity. It is loaded with tomatoes, garlic, and, most importantly, cream. It’s bright and simple, and it works equally well in the summer and winter. When you want comfort food, this is a great dinner that is also good enough to serve to guests. We like it best with bread, but you can also put it on pasta or rice. Try it with our Tuscan Salmon if you like it as much as we do!
- 1 tbsp.extra-virgin olive oil
- 4boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp.dried oregano
- 3 tbsp.butter
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c.cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 c.baby spinach
- 1/2 c.heavy cream
- 1/4 c.freshly grated Parmesan
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Step 1In a skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Step 2In the same skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes are beginning to burst then add spinach and cook until spinach is beginning to wilt.
- Step 3Stir in heavy cream and parmesan and bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Step 4Serve with lemon wedges.
(per serving): 380 calories, 29 g protein, 5 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar,28 g fat, 14 g saturated fat, 250 mg sodium