Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables. It’s high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals; and low in calories and sodium. It’s a versatile vegetable that can be used as a side dish, appetizer, or as a main course ingredient, think stir-fry!
Here’s one of my favorite asparagus recipes. These Asparagus Pockets are tasty, easy, and look impressive. They’ll make a great appetizer at a party, specially during the holidays. They’re so easy to make, you can whip them out in less than an hour. Guests will think you spent hours preparing them!
Here’s my recipe, hope you love them as much as we do!
– 24 Asparagus tips – washed and trimmed to about 8” long
– 2 cans refrigerated crescent dough
– 1/2 shredded Parmesan cheese
– 1 Egg – beaten
- Pre-heat over to 375 degrees
- Prepare asparagus
- Unroll crescent dough – dough is pre-cut into 8 triangles and unroll as 4 sets of triangles together forming a rectangular piece
- Separate rectangles – Do not separate it into triangles – you should have 8 rectangles with a diagonal line scored from one corner to the other
- Press the scored line together to form a smooth rectangle
- Place 3 asparagus tips diagonally across the dough – from corner to corner
- Sprinkle about 1/2 tsp of cheese over asparagus
- Fold free corners over each other to form the pocket. Top and bottom of asparagus should peek out. Check picture above.
- Place each pocket on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Brush each pocket with beaten egg.
- Bake in oven about 20 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot or warm.
- Makes 8 pockets.
Sinangag, or Garlic Chinese fried rice, could be a fashionable Filipino breakfast, typically served with a dish on high and a drizzle of vinegar sauce. Don’t have a abdomen for rice and garlic within the morning? No problem! This dish is additionally wonderful for lunch or as a facet for dinner.
I have few Asian recipes that are pretty pitiful for a blogger United Nations agency claims to share “the better of the most effective from round the world”. However, you’ll be happy to understand that I arrange on remedying that from currently on, beginning nowadays with this Filipino classic! So even supposing I classified this instruction during this blog’s breakfast assortment, I see it additional as a dish. I generally add some types of macromolecule, like diced chicken or cut, and it works as a full meal!
If you’re a breakfast of champions sort of girl/guy and love rice within the morning, then by all suggests that, relish your early garlic cooked rice! Simply check that to brush your teeth once or that job meeting is going to be terribly fascinating as no one can want to get about to you. ? I am captivated with their individual single-serve cups. Seriously, it doesn’t get from now on convenient than that! However wonderful it’s that you just get to customize this instruction and build some for one? (Although you ought to positively build a minimum of some for two, as a result of I guarantee you won’t resist going for seconds or thirds!)
The cups cook in exactly sixty seconds and area unit nice if you wish a transportable meal or snack. No additional blaming being busy for your habit of meal skipping! If something, you get to cook a garlic Filipino fried rice your Minute Rice Single Serve Cup, combine in your favorite ingredients and eat straight from the cup.
(This post has affiliate links)
8 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
4 cups Minute Rice Single Serve Cups, cooked according to instructions
1/3 cup vegetable oil, divided
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 scallion, thinly sliced, for garnish
1/3 cup vinegar
1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
1 cloves of garlic
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a large skillet, over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and golden, about 1 minutes. Remove a little bit of the garlic (1 tablespoon) and reserve.
2. Add the cooked rice and cook for about 5 to 8 minutes, breaking up any large clumps, until rice is getting crispy in some places. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving dish or individual plates.
3. In that same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium high heat. Swirl the pan to evenly coat the surface. The pan is ready when the oil becomes shimmery and very loose. Crack each egg into a measuring cup and gently tip it into the skillet. You can crack the eggs directly into the skillet if you prefer. Cook the eggs until the whites are set and the yolks are done to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the eggs on top of the rice, garnish with the reserved garlic and sliced scallion and serve immediately, with the vinegar sauce on the side.
FILIPINO GARLIC FRIED RICE (SINANGAG)
Easter morning is always hectic. Between sorting out Easter eggs and aiming to Church, it’s powerful to search out time for a hearty breakfast. Thankfully, I actually have a make-ahead breakfast dish that may provide you with much energy to survive the chaos.
Growing up, we have a tendency to continually create this scrumptious egg casserole as a part of our Church breakfast fundraiser. It absolutely was filled with fragmented sausage and cheese and that i loved it. Well, this can be a a lot of refined version, courtesy of Ezra’s cake.
There are several things i really like concerning breakfast strata. Initial and foremost is that the reality you create it ahead. The maximum amount as i like pancakes and contemporary toast that has time to form them on a busy morning? Not ME. However I will pop a dish within the kitchen appliance and walk away!
Next, it’s therefore filmable. the fundamentals keep the same—bread, eggs and milk. however the remainder, you’ll experiment and build your own favorite combos. For this version, I sauted spinach with garlic and mushrooms then further tomatoes and bacon. to form things even a lot of fascinating, I used jalapeno focaccia because the bread base.
I like spinach; however I wasn’t entirely sold-out on that within the formula. Next time, and there’ll be a next time, I’m aiming to eliminate the spinach and replace it with some artichoke hearts and roast red bell pepper for breakfast strata..
(This post has affiliate links)
5 cups of cubed bread (french bread, sourdough, jalapeno focaccia, etc.)
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
4 cups milk (I used 2%)
3 green onions, sliced
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
6-8 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
12 oz bag of baby spinach
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
3-4 plum tomatoes, chopped
8 oz container of sliced mushrooms
1. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Place the bread cubes in the dish and top with cheddar cheese. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, green onion, cayenne pepper, mustard, salt and pepper together. Pour mixture over bread cubes.
3. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and saute for another minute. Add washed spinach and 1 tablespoon of water. Cover the skillet and let the spinach wilt, 2-3 minutes.
4. Spoon the spinach mixture, tomatoes and bacon over the the bread cubes. Gently press down with a spoon to make sure everything is moistened.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for up to 24 hours.
6. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the strata, uncovered, for 60 minutes or until the top is golden brown and doesn’t wiggle when you shake the dish.
7. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.