With summer on the way many folks are firing up our grills for those summer backyard barbecues. Since I live in Hawaii we barbecue all year round. We’re famous among our family and friends for our Sunday barbecues; everyone looks forward to them. Weekly barbecues can be a challenge, we’re always looking for new grilling recipes and ideas.
One of our family favorites are these super easy Beef Kebobs. It doesn’t take long to prepare and they are super yummy! The secret to tender kebobs is to keep the chunks uniform in size so they cook evenly and to baste them in flavored olive oil to keep them from drying up.
2 lbs. beef tenderloin (you can use top sirloin but it may not be as tender)
1 large green bell pepper
1 basket of fresh mushrooms
1 large onion
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbls. minced garlic or garlic powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. dried rosemary
Metal or bamboo skewers
1. Cut meat in 1″ cubes
2. Cut onions in 1″ chunks
3. Cut bell peppers in 1″ pieces
4. Put everything on skewers alternating meat with veggies
5. Mix garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary in olive oil
6. Grill meat to desired doneness, basting with oil mixture as you grill
7. Serve immediately while it’s still hot.