Here’s an easy recipe for an appetizer or a light lunch or dinner.
These puff pastry pies are so simple to make and taste great. I make it as an appetizer for our Sunday night barbecues, my family loves them!
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (I use the Pepperidge Farms brand, it comes 2 sheets per package, keep the extra sheet frozen for later use or double the recipe to make 18 pies)
1 cup diced sundried tomatoes (I used dried tomatoes I bring home form Italy, I have to soak them in water overnight before using them. You can use sundried tomatoes from a jar just drain out the oil it’s packed in)
1/2 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp. salt
1 tbls. minced garlic
1. Mix sundried tomatoes, cheeses, salt, garlic, and 1 egg in a bowl.
2. Roll out dough 1/2″ thick on floured surface. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter cut 2 time lengthwise and 2 times across. You should end up with 9 squares.
3. Divide the tomato mixture on the squares.
4. Fold alternate corners to the middle. Pinch together.
5. Fold last 2 corners to the middle. Pinch together.
6. Place pies on parchment covered baking sheet.
7. Beat remaining egg and brush on to each pie. Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown about 15 minutes.
Serve hot or cold, they’re yummy!