These elegant smoked salmon pinwheels are perfect if you want to enjoy lox without the bagels for a low-carb, keto appetizer.
I love smoked salmon, especially Nova Lox with cream cheese so this appetizer has my name all over it! This recipe is from the Everyday Ketogenic Cookbook by Carolyn Ketchum. A fabulous cookbook and a great resource for anyone wanting to live a Ketogenic lifestyle.
This recipe Smoked Salmon Pinwheels is perfect to make ahead for a party, keep them refrigerated until ready to serve as they hold up best when chilled. You can make them a day ahead, I think they would also be wonderful with fresh dill.
Try this Smoked Salmon Pinwheel Recipe. Enjoy!
8 ounces thinly sliced cold smoked salmon (I like Nova Lox)
4 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/4 medium cucumber, cut into matchsticks
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1/2 lemon, sliced thin
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on a work surface.
- Arrange the slices of salmon in an overlapping fashion to create a rectangle about 6 inches wide by 12 inches long, with one of the longest sides facing you.
- Gently spread the cream cheese over the salmon trying not to dislodge any of the pieces. Lay the cucumber along one side of the rectangle about 1/2 inch from the edge.
- Using the plastic wrap to guide you, roll the salmon up tightly around the cucumber sticks. Refrigerate until firm at least 30 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into 16 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Sprinkle with red onion and capers and serve with lemon slices.