One of our favorite family snacks or appetizers are deviled eggs. They are so easy to make and everyone loves them.
Here is a new twist on the old deviled egg recipe that I introduced last year for my daughter-in-law’s baby shower. It uses roasted red peppers to give the egg filling a little spice. It has since become a family favorite and we’ve served it for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
12 hard boiled eggs – shelled and cut in half lengthwise
1/2 cup mayonaise
2 large pieces of roasted red peppers (you’ll find these in a jar by the pickles or canned veggies aisle at your local supermarket)
1 tsp. salt (add or subtract according to taste
1 tbls. yellow mustard
Cayenne Red Pepper
1. Scoop out egg yolks into mixing bowl, and set egg whites aside.
2. Mash egg yolks until they are very fine.
3. Drain roasted red pepper and pat dry with paper towel.
4. Finely chop roasted red peppers and mix with mashed egg yolks.
5. Add remaining ingredients to the egg yolk mixture. Mix very well.
6. Scoop or pipe egg yolk filling into egg white shells.
7. Arrange on serving tray and sprinkle with Cayenne Red Pepper.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 24 deviled eggs