Lithuanian vegetable dish is incredibly like a salad. It’s one amongst the simplest salad’s of its kind, we’ve had. it’s known as darzoviu misraine the manner we tend to created it or it’s referred to as balta misraine if you are doing not embody the beets. You’ll add or calculate vegetables consistent with your style, however, the 2 ingredients that have to be enclosed ar cream and salt.
This Lithuanian vegetable salad dish is often served at temperature or cold aboard any range of main dishes. We tend to enjoyed it with kugela and cabbage rolls as a part of our Lithuanian feast. Enjoy!
Click here Lithuanian vegetable salad recipes
2 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced, about 2 cups
1 medium beet, roasted, peeled and diced, about ½ cup
1 carrots, peeled, cooked and diced, about ½ cup
½ cup peas, cooked
1 small onion, chopped
1 small pickle, finely chopped
1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
1⁄4 cup minced fresh dill
½ cup sour cream
½ teaspoon salt
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. Cook the vegetables first, the potatoes, beets,carrots and peas but make sure to just cook until tender, you don’t want to overcook any of them.
2. Once cool enough to handle, chop the potato, carrots and beets into bite size pieces.
3. All vegetables should be at room temperature when you start mixing them together.
4. Place vegetables, egg and pickle in a large bowl.
5. Sprinkle half the salt and half the dill on the vegetables.
6. Add some freshly ground pepper.
7. Add half the sour cream and stir carefully, taking care not to mash the vegetables.
8. Repeat with remaining salt, pepper, and sour cream.
9. Serve cold or at room temperature.