Biscottis are the perfect accompaniment to a nice cup of coffee anytime of day. Who doesn’t love those crispy crunchy cookies?
Sure you can buy all sorts of biscottis in supermarkets, bakeries, and even big box stores. But nothing beats homemade!
And just because they have a fancy Italian name doesn’t mean they’re fussy and hard to make. My Double Chocolate Biscottis are so easy to make! They use just 5 ingredients and the first one is cake mix!
Here’s the recipe:
1 package chocolate cake mix, Devil’s Food Cake if available
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 stick butter, melted
2 large eggs
3/4 cup white chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Fit a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (if using a hand held mixer be sure beaters are in tight)
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl
- Mix on low until all ingredients are well combined
- Dough will be a bit stiff and tacky
- Turn dough on to baking sheet covered with parchment paper or silicone mat
With your hands flatten dough into a rectangle about 1/2” thick, make sure there’s a small mound running down the center of the rectangle and either side tapers down from the center mound.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes
- Using a serrated bread knife slice the rectangle diagonally into 1/2” slices
- Lay slices cut side down on baking sheet
- Bake another 10 minutes
- Turn oven off and leave cookies in the oven for 30 minutes
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.