I recently made this yummy garlic bread to go with a Meatball n’ Mac Casserole. It took a little bit of time but it was well worth it! My family loved it! Made with butter, garlic, and 2 kinds of cheese, what’s not to love?
You can also serve this bread as an appetizer, the cube just pull apart with gooey melted cheese, yum!
1 large loaf or 2 small loaves of french bread
1/2 stick of butter
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
1 tbls. minced fresh parsley
1 cup shredded colby/jack or mozzarella cheese
1. Make diagonal slices along the length of the loaf – slice thru to the bottom of the bread, but do not cut thru the bottom.
2. Make diagonal slices going the other way – forming a crisscross design.
3. Melt butter and add garlic, parmesan, and parsley to it. Stir well.
4. Gently pull the bread to expose the inside and brush with butter mixture. Do this for the whole loaf. Reserve some butter for later.
5. Sprinkle shredded cheese in between the cuts.
6. Brush remaining butter over entire loaf.
7. Wrap in foil. Bake in 385 degree oven for 18 minutes.
8. Unwrap and bake for another 8 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
9. Remove from oven and serve immediately.