Almond Biscottis are classic. Called Cantucci in Italy these crunchy biscuits are made for dunking!
You can dunk them in your morning coffee, afternoon tea, and even in your evening dessert wine. Everyone in my family love them!
Best of all they’re so easy to make. My recipe needs just 6 ingredients!
Here’s the recipe:
1 package yellow cake mix
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 stick butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 tsp almond extract
3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Fit a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (if using a hand held mixer be sure beaters are in tight)
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl
- Mix on low until all ingredients are well combined
- Dough will be a bit stiff and tacky
- Turn dough on to baking sheet covered with parchment paper or silicone mat
With your hands flatten dough into a rectangle about 1/2” thick, make sure there’s a small mound running down the center of the rectangle and either side tapers down from the center mound.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes
- Using a serrated bread knife slice the rectangle diagonally into 1/2” slices
- Lay slices cut side down on baking sheet
- Bake another 10 minutes
- Turn oven off and leave cookies in the oven for 30 minutes
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Your biscottis are now ready for dunking! Or if you want you can dip them or drizzle them in melted chocolate.
Store in air tight containers, ziplocks work fine. Your can store them at room temperature for weeks or freeze them for longer storage. But whatever you do don’t refrigerate them.
If you freeze them, thaw them out before serving. If they’ve lost their crispness pop them in a 250 degree oven for a few minutes to crisp them up.
Hope you love these biscottis as much as we do!
Click here for more biscotti recipes!