The Holiday Season is a time for family and friends. A Christmas family movie night is a great way to take a break from the season’s hustle and bustle and spend time with loved ones. A Polar Express Movie Night will get everyone in the holiday spirit.
It doesn’t take much planning, and should be inexpensive, all you need is the DVD and a few snacks. In most cases you don’t need much decor as the house is already decorated for the holidays. Here are some ideas to get you started.
You can send an email, text, or even call. Be sure to tell them date, time, & place. Also encourage everyone to arrive in fun pajamas!
2. Buy the The Polar Express DVD or order it from Netflix or your cable provider.
3. Give each guest a Golden Ticket as they arrive – Here’s a free Printable.
If you like you can have kids, and adults do a few Polar Express themed activities as you wait for all the guests to arrive. Here are some Polar Express activities from Activity Mom.
5. Set up a Hot Cocoa Bar with all the fixings so guests can make their own!
If you are looking for a unique way to bring your friends and family together, Shutterfly has just the thing. A hot chocolate bar party! White chocolate chips, marshmallows, peppermint candy and yummy caramel syrup are just a few options to throw in your warm and cozy drink.
Kids will love to create their own drink and adults will get a kick out of mixing all the fun flavors. They’ve even included printable labels to go along with your cups, toppings and sauces for a festive feel. So, grab your pen and paper and start planning…cold weather never felt so good.
6. Pass out bags or cones of popcorn like Miracle Mama did. You can do other movie snacks as well.
7. When the movie is over, give everyone a bell as a favor as they go home, here’s a cute idea from Craft Gawker!