I’ve recently been on a pudding making binge. I’ve been making all sorts of puddings and mousses. I recently made some Vegan Coconut Tapioca Pudding so that my grandson Jett can have some too.
I had some fresh mangoes in the fridge and decided to dress up the pudding with some fresh mangoes. I poured them in half pint jelly jars and served them at one of our barbecues. The guests and my family loved it!
This pudding is light and refreshing, best of all when portioned in jelly jars, wine goblets, or custard cups it’s good enough for company. So if you’re looking for something for dessert next time you have guests impress them with this pudding, they’ll think you spent hours making it!
It makes a great ending to a Father’s Day lunch or dinner too! Try it out!
1 cup small pearl tapioca – not instant
2 cans coconut milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. clear vanilla extract
1 large fresh mango diced
1. Soak tapioca in a bowl of water overnight in the fridge.
2. Drain tapioca and place in a large pot.
3. Add coconut milk and sugar.
4. Cook over medium high heat until it boils. Stir constantly to dissolve the sugar and to keep the bottom from scorching.
5. Once it starts to boil – it should be thickening and tapioca pearls should be translucent – reduce heat to low and cook another 5 minutes or until all the tapioca pearls are translucent.
6. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and mango.
7. Pour into bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in fridge until ready to serve. If you will be portioning the pudding pour into jelly jars, custard cups, wine glasses, etc. and cover.