Always popular are these White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies! White Chocolate + Mac Nuts, what’s not to love? They are a bit pricey to make, mac nuts are a bit expensive. Use the bagged nuts usually found in the baking aisle instead of the canned nuts they sell for snacking. The ones made for baking aren’t salted and work better for this recipe.
These cookies are excellent for cookie buffets and exchanges. They freeze and pack very well.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well, set aside
- In a large bowl with a mixer blend sugars at medium speed. Add butter and mix to until it forms a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until fully combined.
- Add the flour mixture, macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips, and blend on low speed until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls or with a 1 oz. scoop onto parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until ed
- Move immediately to cooling rack.