Here’s another cookie mix in a jar, Lemon Chip Cookie Mix. They are easy, inexpensive, and cute! It uses a box of cake mix and a topping. Takes 5 minutes to put together. You can spruce it up with a cute label with baking instructions, a bow and a cookie cutter, measuring spoons, or other baker’s tool. I like to use a cupcake liner to dress up the lid.
Ribbon colors and cupcake liners can be color or theme coordinated and can also be tailored to the occasion or holiday.
1 Quart Size Mason Jar
1 White Chocolate Morsels
1 Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
1 Printed Instruction Tag
Ribbons, tag, and enhancements
Fill jar slowly with cake mix. Pack powder down with the back of the spoon between adding mix, to get air out.
When all powder is in the jar pack it down so the top is even.
Fill jar to the top with White Chocolate Morsels. Then decorate jar as you like. You can place a cupcake liner over the lid then secure it with the ring.
Print these instructions and tie to jar.
1. Beat together 2 eggs & 1/2 cup Vegetable oil in medium bowl
2. Pour in entire contents of jar and stir well with spoon
3. Chill dough for 20 minutes in refrigerator prior to baking
4. Drop onto non-stick cookie sheet in rounded balls
5. Bake for approx. 8-9 minutes or til done at 350 degrees
Here’s a really easy lemon cake recipe. It’s really moist and yummy! Hard to believe it’s from a boxed cake mix!
The recipe makes 6 mini loaves. I like to make them in mini loaf pans but you can make them in 2 large loaf pans if you prefer. I make them mini so I’m not tempted to eat too much, they’re that good! I freeze the cakes and thaw them as needed.
Lemon Chip Mini Loaf Cakes Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
1 box lemon cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup plain yogurt
2 cups white chocolate chips
1. Spray 6 mini loaf pans with baking spray.
2. Dump all the ingredients in a bowl and mix very well. Be sure you have no lumps of cake mix.
3. Spoon into mini loaf pans.
4. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
5. Cool for about 10 minutes and remove from pans – you may have to gently run a knife around the edge to loosen the cake.
You can drizzle it with your favorite glaze if you like, but wait until the loaves are completely cooled.