Ever wonder what to serve for dessert at a dinner party? Impress guests with this molded Panna Cotta with a slight orange flavor.
It’s so pretty and elegant looking guests will think you spent hours preparing it. It’s very simple to make the night before your party. You can serve it with fresh seasonal fruits or drizzled with your favorite sauce. I serve it with a drop of my Mango Sauce on the side. Real yummy!
1 1/2 envelope unflavored gelatin
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
3 slices of orange peel
2 cups plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp. clear pure vanilla extract
1. Put 1/4 cup of whipping cream into a small bowl and sprinkle top with gelatin, don’t stir. Leave to soften for 15 minutes.
2. Place rest of cream, sugar, and orange peel into heavy saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Cook until it starts to simmer.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in gelatin mixture until it dissolves.
4. Remove orange peel. Let cool about 15 minutes.
5. Add vanilla and yogurt. Stir until smooth.
6. Spray 4 cup tube mold with cooking spray. Use a paper towel to distribute oil to cover mold, this is important if your mold has a design.
7. Pour cream mixture into mold. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or until set. It will keep in the fridge for a couple of days so you can make it ahead of time.
8. When ready to un-mold run a knife at the sides and in the tube part of the mold. You can also dip mold in warm water for a couple of seconds. Place serving dish over mold and turn it over.
Garnish with fresh fruits or your favorite sauce.