These little loaf cakes are so easy to make and are very moist and yummy. The caramel bits give them that extra chewy goodness.
My family loves them served with vanilla ice cream. I make them around the holidays, they make great gifts or are a nice addition to a gift basket or tower.
The recipe makes 6 mini loaves, but you can bake them in 2 larger loaf pans if you prefer.
They freeze really well so you can make them up to 3 months ahead for later use. To freeze wrap each loaf in foil then double bag in ziplock freezer bags.
Caramel Spice Mini Loaf Cakes
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
1 box spice cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup plain yogurt
2 cups caramel bits
1. Spray loaf pans with baking spray.
2. Dump all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Be sure the cake mix doesn’t form lumps.
3. Spoon batter into loaf pans – fill each pan about half full.
4. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and cool about 5 – 10 minutes.
6. Remove from pans – you may have to run a knife along the edge to loose the cakes from the pan.
You can drizzle glaze over the tops if you wish but wait until loaves are completely cooled.