The dog days of summer are upon us and we’re home with the kids wondering how to keep them busy. Listening to kids complain about how bored they are, or worse yet seeing them spend half the day playing video games is making me crazy. I know I’m just about ready for school to start again and for football practice to begin. So I decided it was time for some homemade slime!
Kids of all ages love homemade slime, even my grandson’s ever complaining friend Chase! They think that making homemade slime is super cool.
There are quite a few different recipes for homemade slime, some of them requiring borax. There’s even a recipe for glow in the dark slime and glittery slime. But my grandson Devon opted for just good old fashioned slime so the recipe we used is super simple.
Our homemade slime recipe has just 4 ingredients and borax isn’t one of them. Actually the 4th. ingredient is optional if you don’t what colored slime. And I’m pretty sure you have at least 2 of the other 3 ingredients, or all of them if you wear contact lenses.
So without further ado here’s our super simple recipe!
This article contains affiliate links
1 Tbs. Contact Lens Solution
1/2 Tbs. Baking Soda
Food color in color of your choice
- Pour glue into a mixing bowl.
- Add baking soda and mix
- Add food color and mix. You can add more food color until you get the color you want. Just remember to mix it well.
- Add Contact Lens Solution and mix until slime forms and it begins to get harder to mix.
- Remove from bowl and knead to get the right consistency. If it’s too sticky add 1/4 tbs. more of the lens solution.
- Store in a sealed plastic container when not using.