Neuropathic pain is a serious and uncomfortable condition that can get better with treatment. However, treatment can take a long time, depending on the cause of the nerve pain such as diabetes, HIV, side effects from drugs, chemotherapy, or injuries. There are several treatment options for nerve pain that vary based on your health, the cause of the nerve pain, risk from side effects, and the cost of treatment. The cost of treating nerve pain can be high, considering the length and procedure for treatment. Having to consult a doctor every time you experience pain or going through surgery is expensive. However, there are inexpensive self-care and home treatment ways to get rid of nerve pain. This article has some basic nerve pain treatment options that you can try:
1) Over The Counter Medication
An affordable way of treating nerve pain is buying OTC painkillers, antidepressants, and topical treatments. Painkillers are non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs that work best in relieving mild nerve pain symptoms. Antidepressants help to ease nerve pain by altering the pain chemical in your brain so you will not feel the pain. You can also try topical ointments, lotions, and creams to relieve nerve pain. These topical creams have ingredients that work as anesthetics by numbing pain in the applied area. The advantages of using topical creams for nerve pain is that they are inexpensive, and you only apply the specific area. To find the right pain relieving topical cream, you can check out the reviews for these creams at NeuropathyHelp.co.
Working out is a useful and affordable non-drug treatment for nerve pain. Exercising helps your body by releasing endorphins that are natural painkillers. You can start with having daily walks or stretching to improve blood flow to the nerves in your legs. Improved blood circulation causes the blood vessels to expand and in turn, triggers the repair for damaged nerves. Also, studies show that regular low impact exercise can relieve neuropathic pain by reducing inflammatory substances known as cytokines.
Nerve death or damage occurs when there is poor circulation of blood to your arms and legs. Using heat will improve blood flow and alleviate nerve pain fast but temporarily. Taking a warm bath or hot foot bath is a simple way of fixing poor circulation to your legs. Still, make sure the water temperature is not too hot to cause burns or numbness. You can also place a heating pad on the affected area for an hour to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
4) Lifestyle Changes
Some habits such as smoking, heavy intoxication, unhealthy diet, and lack of sleep worsens the symptoms of neuropathic pain. Experiencing chronic pain can cause anxiety and depression, which leads to the usage of cigarettes or alcohol as a coping mechanism. However, using these substances might make nerve pain worse. Choose healthier ways of dealing with the neuropathy condition such as exercising, relaxing, and getting enough sleep. Sleep is essential for repairing damaged nerves, so make sure you rest for at least eight hours every night.
Anyone who suffers from neuropathy or nerve pain knows how difficult it can be to live with the condition. The cause of nerve pain may vary, it can be triggered by a disease such as diabetes or the result of treatment, such as chemotherapy.
For some, the symptoms include a pricking or tingling feeling that runs throughout the day. Still, others experience a stabbing pain that may come at any time of the day, but for many, it comes in the middle of the night.
There are many treatments for nerve pain, but you might want to consider taking a supplement, such as neuropathy support supplement Nerve Renew. There are many benefits can receive, some of which are listed below.
1. It is inexpensive – While buying a supplement will still cost you money, compared to the other treatment options you have, this might be the most inexpensive one. For many patients being treated with neuropathy, some of them are not even getting the right type of treatment. If you read through the review of natural supplements, they really offer relief for those who suffer from chronic nerve pain.
2. It is made of all natural ingredients – What’s great about taking in natural supplements like Nerve Renew is that what you are taking are not chemicals or artificial ingredients. You are getting an all natural formula. The supplements have the necessary vitamins and ingredients needed in order to treat your condition. Some of the ingredients include herbal extracts and vitamin B1 and more. With all the ingredients mix together, you are getting a powerful and potent mixture that has gone through testing and found to be very effective for your condition.
3. There are no side effects – Another good thing about natural supplements is that there are very little side effects resulting from taking the supplements, unlike other treatments which can have side effects. Some medicine for nerve pain, for example, they might be very effective in treating the pain but some have experienced getting dizzy, having blurred vision and also an upset stomach. Also, some supplements take only a week and you will already feel the results taking effect in your body.
4. There is no risk of getting dependent on medicine – One of the ways to treat neuropathy is through painkillers. These are readily available and inexpensive, but there is a risk attached to it. If you have been keeping up with medical news, you know that there is an opioid crisis going on. Many have become addicted and abusing the use of painkillers. If you keep taking the painkillers to relieve the nerve pain, you might get addicted to the medicine. Plus, some develop a tolerance for the medicine and therefore have to take a higher dosage for it to be effective, and you risk getting addicted. To eliminate this possibility, it is better to stick to natural means of getting rid of the pain. Ask your doctor for alternatives and supplements they may suggest to you.
Do you know how the products you are buying were made? Are they environmentally friendly? Do you budget? If you answer yes to these questions then it means you are a conscious consumer.
Over the past decade consumption levels have increased across the globe. As the income level rises, so is the greater access to a wide variety of consumer products. Presently, unconscious and unethical consumerism has brought about several problems such as pollution and erosion of income savings. It is for this reason that the idea of a conscious consumer is being propagated.
Therefore, how do you become a conscious consumer?
Know the Product Background
Ever wondered how your favorite snack or t-shirt is manufactured? Well, many people are not aware of how many of the products they consume are made.
Over the years, several companies have been accused of unethical and inhumane manufacturing practices regarding their products. So, to be a conscious consumer, it is prudent of you to dig a little and find out the background details. How are they made? Where are they manufactured? Who manufactures them? How are they shipped?
Knowing all this will ensure that you consume products that have been ethically produced. Besides, it will allow you to hold accountable the companies should they contravene the consumer protection laws and regulations.
Avoid Unbudgeted Spending
Currently, consumption rates have increased tremendously as people’s spending powers also increase. However, it is prudent to undertake sound budgeting to ensure conscious consumption every day. It calls for sound financial and budgeting skills.
Start by determining your net monthly income and then use it to budget as per your needs. As a conscious consumer, you should be able to meet most of your monthly needs comfortably without feeling the need to overspend. Moreover, with a budget, you will minimize spending your money on unnecessary purchases.
Aim for Lower Cost Purchases
Well, with lots of money comes the power to spend. Nonetheless, it is imperative to cut on cost where necessary. Shop well, shop less, and shop consciously.
If you can find a way to make purchases at a lower price, then take it. By doing so, you will be able to save extra cash on the side for other essential life investments such as education.
Aim to cultivate a more conscious consumer mindset by distinguishing between wants and needs. For instance, you could make purchases on second hand retail stores, where surprisingly, you will find quality stuff for low prices. But as you do that, also be mindful of the quality of your purchases. You do not want to buy a piece of furniture only for it to break within a few days.
Embrace Environmental Consciousness
Much of the products people consume have their raw materials sourced from the environment. So, it makes sense to take care of Mother Nature in return.
One way would be to ensure that you minimize using plastic products and embracing disposable and biodegradable made products. For instance, instead of buying products from fast food stores that serve using plastic cups and plates, you could opt to visit a store that uses disposable take out boxes.
Proper management of trash is also an excellent way to cultivate ethical consumer consciousness. As a conscious consumer, you should prioritize on recycling and reusing where necessary.
While hot flashes can be associated with some medical illnesses like hyperthyroidism, it is still considered the most common symptom for perimenopause and menopause. A hot flash is a sudden feeling of heat. Those who experience it can have a flushed face and a lot of sweat.
1. Find out what your trigger points are – There are different reasons why one can experience hot flashes. Once you identify what can trigger your hot flashes, you’ll be able to avoid or be prepared for it. Hot flashes can be triggered by a lot of things, from the weather, the food that you eat, or even stress. Try to see when you experience your hot flashes and pinpoint the activity or situation that caused it. Some women discover that eating spicy or sweet food can trigger it, while there are others that experience it when working out during a hot day. Avoiding the food can be easy, but if for example, you are someone who needs to exercise, instead of completely avoiding it, you just make sure you are better prepared by following the suggestions below for hot flash relief.
2. Bring cold water with you all the time – Staying hydrated is something that everyone should try to achieve, more so if you are experiencing hot flashes. Make sure that you always have water with you, better if it is cold water as it can help to cool your body quicker. If you are at home, aside from drinking cold water you can also take a cold shower in order to lower the temperature of your body. Another thing you can do is to keep the room cool. Get an air conditioner to help with this situation.
3. Try some herbal or prescription medicine – For some people, they opt for hormone therapy in order to treat their hot flashes. Check with your doctor to see if this is something you can do. If you are not sure with hormone therapy, there are alternative therapies you can try. There are many herbs that you can try. Some suggest licorice root and valerian root to help manage these symptoms. Another herb that you can look for is black cohosh. it has been around for a long time and has been used by some cultures as a medicine.
4. Dress in layers – One practical thing you can do if you are experiencing hot flashes is to dress in layers. You want to be able to shed clothes when the hot flash suddenly sneaks up on you. It would be hard to do that if you are only wearing one thick piece of clothes. Start with a light tank top, then you can wear a shirt or blouse over it. After that, you can wear a sweater, blazer or jacket, depending on where you are going. If something suddenly triggers your hot flash, you can easily lower your body’s temperature by shedding your outer clothes for some relief. Avoid wearing clothes that are too tight as this can be a trigger as well.
Chakra is a word of Indian origin. It refers to each of the centers of spiritual powers in a human body. There are about 100 chakras in the body, but there are only seven main ones. These seven centers help to regulate all the processes in the respective organs. It also regulates the immune system and emotions. The seven chakras are namely:
- Root: found at the bottom of the spine and deals with the basic need for survival, food, shelter and clothing
- Sacral: found below the navel. It governs your sexual organs and imagination
- Solar plexus: it is found in your stomach and serves mental and spiritual purposes
- Heart: controls the circulatory system
- Throat: found in the throat and governs communication
- Third eye: the third eye is your mind, which is the source of insight. It is located near the eyebrows
- Crown: found on the head. This is a powerful chakra as it connects you to the world.
Importance of Chakra
The chakra centers are driven by energy, and so is the whole of your body. The optimal functioning of these centers is what gives you physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual stability. Stress, conflict, and illness can cause blockages and imbalance of chakra, which necessitates chakra healing. Here is how you can heal your seven chakras to attain mental and body wellness.
A good way to clear off negative energy is through physical activities. Stress and anxiety can be calmed down by taking a walk, swimming, or dancing. Physical activity like walking should be done outdoors and solitarily. Be aware of the fact that you are walking. Paying close attention to the movements of your legs will provide relief. Another effective method of healing chakra is by doing yoga. It is advisable to start with the root chakra while healing your chakras because it affects the balance of the other chakras. The swimming activity takes care of your second chakra. Negative feelings that can harm your productivity can be washed away by immersing yourself in the water at the swimming pool, beach, or bathtub.
Chakra Cleansing Music
Music has a powerful effect on how we feel. Listening to good music makes us jovial. Chakra music is also engineered in the same way to bring about healing, especially when used during meditation. Special music such as Brainwave and Tibetan are infused into the healing of chakra to bring about powerful frequencies that not only heal chakra but also give the mind incredible calmness.
Meditation is by far a popular method that is included in some religions as a means of gaining happiness and health. This is because the body is connected to the mind and spirit in this process to eliminate negativity. Meditation is also an effective way to balance chakra. Chakra meditation is quite different because you can use chakra stones. There are seven chakra stones.
They are colored according to the chakra it represents. When meditating, place the chakra stone where the chakra is located as you sit in a cross-legged position. Inhale and exhale slowly and forcefully as you imagine the negative energy flowing out of your body. Focus on the meditation for several minutes for each chakra. By the end of this procedure, you should be feeling rejuvenated and happy with yourself.
The average cost of childcare for just one child is nearly $10,000 per year, according to Market Watch. As a result, The Huff Post reports that 74% of grandparents are taking on the role of babysitter to help reduce these costs for their own children. However, when you’ve worked and saved hard all your life so that you can retire early and go on a cruise vacation of a lifetime, it’s crucial that you set some childcare boundaries so that you can enjoy your extended retirement.
Have a set schedule
One of the biggest benefits of early retirement is being able to do what you want when you want. But, this freedom can be jeopardized if your children think they can call on you whenever they please to look after the grandchildren. By creating a schedule early on which stipulates you’ll only have your grandchildren one afternoon and one evening per week, expectations will be set. Best of all, if you want to go out for a spur-of-the-moment posh lunch with your partner or reinstate your passion for arts and crafts you can.
Ask for financial support
The average retired household has $2,000 leftover per year when their income and expenditures are taken into account. And while you’re sure to want to treat your grandchildren occasionally, keeping kids entertained on a regular basis can cost a significant amount. As your own children are sure to recognize this fact, it’s wise to discuss payment when you agree to a babysitting schedule so that you can recoup your costs. By doing this, it will ensure that your retirement finances remain healthy and will provide you with the funds you need for the years ahead.
Know when to say no
Early retirement provides ample opportunity to go traveling and explore all the countries and landmarks that you failed to visit while you were embracing your career. Baby Boomers take an average of six to seven trips per year, according to the AARP. And you shouldn’t let your babysitting duties put a halt to your travel plans. Where possible, discuss with your children when they plan to go on vacation so that you can organize your trips away around theirs. However, if, for whatever reason, that’s not feasible, don’t be afraid to say no to looking after your grandchildren for a week or two. Although, giving plenty of warning so that alternative childcare arrangements can be made is advisable.
Early retirement is a time to kick back, relax, and to indulge in all the things you’ve missed out on over the years. And while you’re sure to want to spend time with your grandchildren during this time, you shouldn’t let babysitting take over your early retirement plans.